Time Travel

Hello my frocky friends. This week I'm going to be busy with something that I will share as soon as its done, I promise. So this wee...



Hello my frocky friends. This week I'm going to be busy with something that I will share as soon as its done, I promise. So this week I am going to share with you little things that make me happy. Paintings are very high on that list.  Here are some beautiful paintings from the 1800s that are flowerly, delicate and romantic. If you are as much of an art history nerd as I am, you can stare endlessly at the perfection of the paint strokes and the softness of the color palette.

John Everett Milais "Ophelia" (one of my favorite pieces of all time, based on Shakespeare's famous play"

John William Waterhouse "The Soul of the Rose"


http://www.counter-currents.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/AlmaTadema_Spring_det1894.jpg
Lawrence Alma Tadema "Spring"

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SV Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.