Here's what I did.I know there's a million ways to do it,but this is what worked.
- I took 2 packets of grape and 2 packets of tropical punch(its in a blue packet,so I thought it'd be blue,but its red!) and poured it in a cup. Make sure its a cup you don't mind getting stained!***Make sure that the mixes you use are unsweetened!
- I mixed in a quarter size drop of conditioner and about a spoonful of water. Just make sure it creates a paste like texture when you mix it.
- To predict how the color would turn out, I let the sink run on the spoon I mixed it with. It appeared to be a magenta-ish redish color.I was okay with it so I went on with it.
- I seperated my hair into about 12 pieces and rubbed the paste onto my tips. I wrapped them in aluminum foil and let them stay for about 3 hours.
- Since I was scared it wouldn't work,I combined another method I saw of dyeing. I put a 1/2 cup of water in the microwave for 2.5 minutes. Then I dipped my my right tips in the cup for about 6 or 7 minutes.You could leave it in for longer if you need.
- Reheat the cup and put your left side of tips in.
- Dry your tips with a paper towel and you are done!I'm not sure if you need to wash it out right away,but that's what I did. And the hair color remained nice and bright.
- I'm sure that if you want to get it done fast, you don't have to do the 3 hour aluminum foil thing and you can just dip it in the boiling water for about 10 minutes.
*pics above are from tumblr