Kool-aid Dip Dye10:25:00 AM
I finally did it. I dip dyed my hair with koolaid!I just had to do something rebellious in my teenag...
I finally did it. I dip dyed my hair with koolaid!I just had to do something rebellious in my teenage years. I was going for a purple color,but it ended up pink. Oh well!I still love it!I'll upload pictures later.But here is some inspiration and tips(punny!) on how to get the koolaid down. I'm so happy with the way it turned out that I can't wait for the color to wash off so I could try blue, and then purple,and the maroon:).
Here's what I did.I know there's a million ways to do it,but this is what worked.
- I took 2 packets of grape and 2 packets of tropical punch(its in a blue packet,so I thought it'd be blue,but its red!) and poured it in a cup. Make sure its a cup you don't mind getting stained!***Make sure that the mixes you use are unsweetened!
- I mixed in a quarter size drop of conditioner and about a spoonful of water. Just make sure it creates a paste like texture when you mix it.
- To predict how the color would turn out, I let the sink run on the spoon I mixed it with. It appeared to be a magenta-ish redish color.I was okay with it so I went on with it.
- I seperated my hair into about 12 pieces and rubbed the paste onto my tips. I wrapped them in aluminum foil and let them stay for about 3 hours.
- Since I was scared it wouldn't work,I combined another method I saw of dyeing. I put a 1/2 cup of water in the microwave for 2.5 minutes. Then I dipped my my right tips in the cup for about 6 or 7 minutes.You could leave it in for longer if you need.
- Reheat the cup and put your left side of tips in.
- Dry your tips with a paper towel and you are done!I'm not sure if you need to wash it out right away,but that's what I did. And the hair color remained nice and bright.
- I'm sure that if you want to get it done fast, you don't have to do the 3 hour aluminum foil thing and you can just dip it in the boiling water for about 10 minutes.
*pics above are from tumblr