*Mini* Peanut Butter and Banana Cake Pops!

I've never been one to make up my own recipes. Not because I don't want to, just because I don't have the cooking savvy skills i...

I've never been one to make up my own recipes. Not because I don't want to, just because I don't have the cooking savvy skills in order to do so. But I made myself proud with my innovative-ness on this one. All I had was peanut butter cookie mix and I wanted to make cake pops. I looked up recipes to make cake from cookie mix but found none. I've heard of making cookies from cake mix but not the other way around. So I tried to add moisture- heres what I came up with and it came it delicious!Cute, simple and yummy!

Ingredients:
  • 1 packet of peanut butter cookie mix
  • 1 egg
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1/2 jar of vanilla frosting (or homemade frosting)
  • 1 bar of white chocolate
  • sprinkles (or any decorational stuffs)
  • toothpicks (lollipop sticks work better!)
*Please note that I am not a professional by any means, and I don't bake so often because I'm busy so I really just worked with what I found laying around. I didn't have ingredients to make my own frosting nor did I have lollipop sticks so thats why I went in this direction haha.*

Directions:
  1. Pour the peanut butter cookie mix into a bowl and add all the ingredients it says on the packet (mine told me to add oil and water). Add the banana and egg and stir the ingredients until there are minimal chunks.
  2. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
  3. Let cool for maybe 10 or so minutes.
  4. Crumble the  cake up entirely.
  5. Add the frosting to the crumbles.
  6. Form the crumb mixture into 1 inch spheres. You can definetly make them into whatever size you want though, I just wanted cute mini pops:)
  7. Put the cake balls on a paper plate and let them stay in the freezer for sometime. The longer the easier it is to put the chocolate on after, but if you are impatient, like I was, 15 minutes still works out!
  8. Melt your chocolate. (I broke mine into pieces and microwaved. Whatever method you like works too!)
  9. Dip your toothpick(or lollipop stick) into the melted chocolate and then dip the chocolatey toothpick into the cake ball.
  10. Roll the cake pop around in the melted chocolate and cover it entirely.
  11. Dip the chocolate dipped pop into the sprinkles. It works better if you have a seperate plate full of sprinkles. Then put your pops back onto your paper plate.
  12. In a few minutes, they should harden and be perfect for eating! I prefer keeping them in the freezer, so they are nice and chilled but room temperature tastes great too!
That's all! You can probably mix some chocolate chips into the recipe or one part peanut butter one part frosting to the crumbles if you would like some more peanut butteriness. I'd love to try some more experiments with this recipe!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

SV Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.