elsa schiaparelli

As I was flipping through one of my fashion designer books, I fell upon the wonderful timeless designer Elsa Schiaparelli. She was famous in...

As I was flipping through one of my fashion designer books, I fell upon the wonderful timeless designer Elsa Schiaparelli. She was famous in the 1930's almost overnight. She was inspired by surrealism in art, such as works by Dali. Her works were so creative and seem current. She made trompe l'oeil sweaters and even shoes hats. Her incredible imagination and modern aesthetic kept people hooked back then, and got me hooked 80 years later.

Image Detail
shoe hat sketches

Image Detail
1938 skeleton dress
Image Detail
elsa herself
Image Detail
trompe l'oeil sweaters
Image Detail
shoe hats

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SV Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.